Todd Layne Cleaners and Laundromat, Upper East Side, NYC can help you choose the right water temperature for your laundry. Hot? Warm? Cold? Decisions, decisions. The most important thing when deciding on a water temperature is to read the washing instructions, but here is a general guideline for when to use what temperature. Here are some pros and cons of using different water temperatures when doing laundry.
- Pros: Cleans heavy soil, sanitizes linens infected with bacteria or fungus, kills insects
- Good For: Whites, bath towels, sheets and other bedding; heavily soiled or sweaty garments, oily stains
- Cons: Can fade colors, sets protein stains and shrinks some fabrics
- Pros: Helps to dissolve powdered detergents, more energy saving than hot water
- Good For: Dark colors; washable synthetic fabrics like nylon, polyester, spandex and rayon blends; moderately soiled clothes
- Cons: Can fade some colors, does not sanitize fabrics, cannot remove some heavy soils and stains
- Pros: Most energy efficient water temperature, less likely to shrink items or fade them, acceptable for any washable fabric
- Good For: Dark and bright-colored clothes; delicate fabrics; any item that you think the dye may run or bleed; clothes that are lightly soiled.
- Cons: Less efficient for removing stains; will not sanitize clothes.
Place an Order Now with Todd Layne Cleaners
Follow us @toddlaynecleaners on Instagram to receive even more great discounts!
Quick, Convenient and Affordable – Eco-Friendly, Family Owned and Trusted…the Best Laundry and Dry Cleaning Company in NYC since 2006 with Free Delivery.