We use two different green eco-friendly dry cleaning methods and are always actively testing different technologies, including Green Earth, GenX and Wet Cleaning. Green Earth Cleaning, as it’s formally called, is a patented, alternative method for dry cleaning that uses liquid silicone as a solvent to dissolve away dirt, oils and stains. Wet Cleaning uses water, natural detergents, fabric softeners, dye-setting agents (to protect color) and fabric-finishing agents (maintain garment body and crispness) to effectively clean garments. Temperature and humidity levels are held at very specific levels to prevent any garment shrinkage. Drying time is kept to a minimum and garments are hand-finished with specialized pressing equipment.
If you use our green dry cleaning, you will notice exceptional stain removal and that white garments are whiter and darker colors remain brighter. There is also no chemical smell and garments will have a longer lifespan since they are not immersed in harsh chemicals. Your garments will also enjoy delicate steam pressing, special hangers for suits/blazers and complimentary sweater bags.
To make it less complicated for you to make the switch to Todd Layne Cleaners, here are some bullets:
- Two Eco-Friendly Green Dry Cleaning methods with no chemical smell
- Exceptional stain removal, brightness and color retention
- Delicate process to ensure garment longevity
- All garments hand-finished and inspected
- Safe for beaded and other fine garments
- Special hangers provided for all suits/blazers with tissue stuffing
- Complimentary sweater bags, collar guards, and french cuff holders
- Ask for TLC loyalty card and get a free suit or dress cleaning after 10 dry clean purchases of $20 or more
- Free Pickup and Delivery throughout the Upper East Side seven days a week.
- Same Day Service Available