Todd Layne Cleaner of the Upper East Side in NYC offers Packing Tips for the Holiday Season
Todd Layne Cleaners and Laundromat of the Upper East Side in NYC offers Packing Tips for the Holiday Season. Now that the holidays are here, many of you will be traveling to visit your relatives or maybe just retreating from the cold weather into warmer climates. Whatever the reason, here are some handy tips to help you pack light this holiday season so that you don’t have to worry about the condition of your clothes and extra luggage fees.
- Set time aside to press wrinkled clothing before traveling, but make sure to let them cool down completely before packing away! Taking time to do this extra step also lets you think about whether or not you really, really need all those items as the ironing marathon goes on and on.
- You have two options for items that you’re not hanging: folding or rolling. Rolling is a great space-saving and wrinkle-reducing choice for jeans and T-shirts. Here’s how you do it: take a pair of jeans and fold them lengthwise so that the legs are stacked on top of each other. Now, starting from the cuff, roll your way up. For T-shirts, place face down, fold arms back (you should now have a long rectangle), fold lengthwise, and roll up.
- For sweaters and other non-T tops, the square fold is the way to go. Here’s a quick primer: button all buttons and lay shirts face down on a bed or flat surface. Smooth away wrinkles. Fold material in at the shoulders and lay arms flat along the body so that you create a roughly two-inch overlap of material on both sides. Now fold up a third of the material from the bottom and overlap a third from the top. You should now have a tidy package worthy of any chain retailer.
- Stuff socks and stockings into your shoes to help them keep their shape. Pack the shoes in plastic bags so they stay clean.
- Be prepared to repair some clothing. Having a traveler sewing kit and stain remover stick can handle nearly all emergencies.
- When clothing stores wrap purchases right in tissue paper, it’s not just for looks; it actually helps the clothes stay less wrinkled. Likewise, you can layer your suitcase with sheets of tissue paper (that can be reused on the way back). If you are super concerned with wrinkles, use this paper to line any folds you make and crease it along with the clothes to minimize the lines when unpacked.
Last but not least, Todd Layne Cleaners and Laundromat wishes you a safe and wonderful holiday this season!
Place an Order Now with Todd Layne Cleaners
Follow us @toddlaynecleaners on Instagram to receive even more great discounts!
Quick, Convenient and Affordable – Eco-Friendly, Family Owned and Trusted…the Best Laundry and Dry Cleaning Company in NYC since 2006 with Free Delivery