New Temporary Hours and Changes at Todd Layne Cleaners and Laundromat in NYC
We are Open and considered to be an essential business by New York City. Out of an abundance of caution, we have changed our hours and are taking measures in order to limit the number of people in our store. We strongly encourage you to use our free pickup and delivery service. This service is free throughout the Upper East Side with 24 hours’ notice. Call or Text 646.661.4777. Please give us at least 24 hours’ notice for pickups and deliveries, last minute requests are very difficult for us to accommodate at this time. Any additional changes to our operations will be posted here in this blog.
New Temporary Hours in Effect – Updated 3/28
Until further notice, we will be open Monday through Sunday from 11:00am to 5:00pm. We are considered to be an essential business by New York City and State and will remain open. Any changes to these hours will be posted here in this blog.
Same-Day Service For Laundry and Dry Cleaning
Same-day service will not be available for Laundry or Eco-Friendly Dry Cleaning during this time. Next day service will continue to be available for Laundry. Eco-Friendly Dry Cleaning will take approximately 3 days. For additional information, please text 646.661.4777.
New Self-Serve Laundromat Procedures
Our Laundromat for self-serve customers will remain open. We will allow a maximum of three customers at a time. Hours will be the same as our store: Monday through Sunday from 11:00am to 5:00pm.
New Laundromat Cleaning Procedures at Todd Layne Cleaners and Laundromat
Out of an abundance of caution, new Laundromat cleaning procedures are now in effect at Todd Layne Cleaners. The following changes have been implemented:
- Our entire Laundromat is being sanitized with disinfectant multiple times a day. This includes washers, dryers, floor and folding tables. All high touch objects such as washer/dryer handles, doorknobs, buttons, etc. are also being sanitized throughout the day.
- N95 Masks are being worn by all laundry staff.
- N95 Masks and gloves are being worn by all delivery staff. If you would like your clothes to be picked up and delivered from the outside of your door, we are happy to accommodate.
- Vinegar is being used to flush out washing machines throughout the day.
- Dryers are being cleaned with disinfectant throughout the day.
- Hand Sanitizer is to be used by employees after folding each individual load of laundry, whether or not the employee has left their station.
- Lysol Laundry Sanitizer is available at no extra charge for customers. In addition to reducing odors for gym gear, this product kills bacteria in laundry. It is safe for whites and darks.
- In addition to employees wearing gloves when handling soiled garments, disposable gloves are now being used for folding clean laundry.
- A new video surveillance system has been installed to ensure that all policy’s are followed carefully.
- Dry Clean garments will be treated with an anti-bacterial agent to kill germs.
We Control the Process with our own Laundromat
Because we have our own Laundromat and control the entire process, we have the ability to maintain high standards for cleanliness. We hope that we can serve as a model for the rest of the laundry industry in NYC and that these standards will be adopted by all. Feel safe continuing to use our services during this heightened period with the coronavirus (COVID-19.) If there is something that you would like to recommend, please call/text 646.661.4777 or send an email to [email protected]
We are familiar with maintaining an extremely clean environment and have been trusted for laundry service by the Lenox Hill Hospital Neonatal Unit on the Upper East Side.
We want you to be comfortable using our laundry service and these procedures will ensure a sterile environment.
How to Schedule Pickups and Deliveries
Select a one hour window with 24 hours’ notice and we’ll be on our way. Text or call us at 646.661.4777 or schedule with our online website tool and app. If you are a new customer and would like to text, send a message that says “new customer” and we will take care of the rest.
Please give us at least 24 hours’ notice for pickups and deliveries, last minute requests are very difficult for us to accommodate at this time.
Note of Gratitude to our Staff
A special note of thanks to our dedicated staff for helping us to stay open as an essential business during this difficult time. They are the lifeblood of our operation and are working harder than ever to serve our customers.
Giving Back to the Community
If you know of an elderly person in the Upper East Side that needs something to be delivered like a prescription or some groceries, please let us know and we will try to have one of our delivery people help out.
I am confident that we will get through this difficult time. Best Wishes for Good Health!
Todd L. Ofsink, Founder and CEO